[DataSci] Vote on monthly Data Science meeting

David Owen dsowen at fugue88.ws
Tue Oct 25 20:15:02 MDT 2016

Everyone,

Thank you for your patience as we've worked to get people subscribed to
the list.  We wanted to make sure we got all the right people "in the
room," and I think that happened!

I've created a vote on Doodle to pick a day and time for a monthly
meeting.  This is an "approval vote"---you vote for every option that you
approve of, and whichever option has the most votes, wins.  It is in your
best interest to vote for every day and time that you would attend.

When there's a winner from this vote, if it's an evening vote, we'll have
another vote for the specific time.  ("Lunch time" is 12:00 PM.)  If the
winning time has at least as many votes as the next-best day/time, it
wins.  Otherwise, we may have another round or two.

I'll reveal the vote totals at the end of each stage.

If there are any questions about how this will work, please ask.

Go here to vote:

http://doodle.com/poll/x9mis292sxwgd75z

I'll close the vote as soon as everyone has voted, or until a week has
passed, whichever comes first.

Thanks,
David

p.s. I'm sorry the vote seems so complicated.  It was either this, or have
like 200 options laid out horizontally on your screen.